Our toddler program immerses the students in language and vocabulary. They learn while they are playing and participating in planned activities based on a weekly theme. The students learn their colors and shapes this year and are exposed to letters and sounds. They can identify some letters by the end of the year and can count to 20. Our teachers work with parents to potty train each child. They learn fine motor and large motor skills like jumping, balance and stringing beads.
Our second level program focuses on older toddlers, age 2-3. Everyday includes a combination of outside time, age-appropriate play and lessons. We introduce a little more structure with circle time. In addition, our teachers work with parents to potty train each child.
Some of the skills the children will learn this year include:
- Learning their colors and shapes
- Continuing to be exposed to letters and sounds
- Identifying some letters by the end of the year
- Counting to 20 with flashcards and can count objects
- A beka visuals to teach the children vocabulary and language
- Large motor and fine motor skills like jumping, balance and stringing beads